top of page

Energy Performance Management & Certification

With the introduction of the Government's Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) and the increased cost of utilities, energy is now high on the agenda of any building user. We will provide a central bureau that can manage your energy use and work with you to try and reduce your consumption. Savings from 0.5% to 20% can be identified through effective monitoring and targeting

Utility management

We can provide a service that will collate the billed data and the meter readings data, ensure that the estimates are removed on a regular basis, and provide monthly energy consumption reports and an annual energy review. We can also provide energy surveys. Identifying billing errors can save 3% of your total energy costs. Using our expertise can free up resources within an organisation allowing staff to concentrate on implementing energy saving measures.

As a Domestic Energy Assessor accredited and approved by the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government. Under the UK's Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations, we are able to provide Energy Performance Certificate and Display Energy Certificates. 


Energy Performance Certificates

On Construction EPCs (SAP) are required before a new build can be certified by building control, EPCs are also required for the sale and let of new build properties, new build properties can be marketed at the design stage as the assessor can produce a PDA (Predicted Energy Assessment) off the plan and build specification before the property is built. The property has to be completed before the full EPC can be issued.

New buildings must comply with Building Regulation Part 1LA and the Air Tightness Test result is calculated in to the EPC calculation, the result of the Air Tightness Test affects the rating.


Display Energy Certificates

The purpose of introducing DECs is to raise public awareness of energy use and to inform visitors to public buildings about the energy use of a building. DECs provide an energy rating of the building from A to G, where A is very efficient and G is the least efficient and are based on the actual amount of metered energy used by the building over the last 12 months within the validity period of the DEC. An affected organisation must display a DEC in a prominent place clearly visible to the public and have in its possession or control a valid advisory report. The advisory report contains recommendations for improving the energy performance of the building

A DEC and advisory report are required for buildings with a total useful floor area (see definitions at Annex B) over 250m 2 that are occupied in whole or part by public authorities and frequently visited by the public.

All Government buildings that are regularly visited by the public and are over 250m², have to display an energy certificate. The first year includes a DEC and an advisory report. The certificate is valid for a year and the report is valid for seven years. The size of the area requiring a certificate will be reduced to 500m² by 2013. If we are managing your data we will also be able to provide this service.

bottom of page